• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Condition Tags on Table cells cause the condition checker pattern to be created on the pdf output

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have defined many conditional tags on table title cells. I wasn't checking my pdf outputs because I'm still continuing on my documentation process but I recently had to print out one of the tables for some datasheet verification job. I did realize that table cells containing conditional tags are being converted to pdf with the visual checker patterns which do represent these tags.

Is this some setting that I'm skipping at the PDF creation or is the practice of conditional tags in table cells something that I have to steer away from?

The conditional tags on FM

Framemaker.Conditional.Tag.on.Table.Title.Cells.jpg

The pdf output of the same table

Pdf.Printout.of.Framemaker.Conditional.Tag.on.Table.Title.Cells.jpg

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

When you apply a condition to a table row or column, it will have this thick frame to show that the condition is applied. See also in the user manual:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/index.html#t=using-framemaker%2Fuser-guide%2Ffrm_single_sourcing-conditional-text.html&rhsearch=Applying%20conditional%20tags%20to%20tables&rhhlterm=condition&rhsyns=%20&ux=search

When you want to hide this condition indicator, go to the Show/Hide Conditional Text panel and deactivate Show Condition In

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you apply a condition to a table row or column, it will have this thick frame to show that the condition is applied. See also in the user manual:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/index.html#t=using-framemaker%2Fuser-guide%2Ffrm_singl...

When you want to hide this condition indicator, go to the Show/Hide Conditional Text panel and deactivate Show Condition Indicators.

You cannot show this indicator for text, but not for tables or vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice, many thanks. I'm learning something new from each new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines