• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Console Pod/Panel Text

Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In earlier versions of FrameMaker, the contents of the Console window was written to this file in the FrameMaker User folder: consfile.txt. But with versions 2019 and 2020, this file doesn't have messages that I specifically write to the Console using ExtendScript. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

in this post we've discusse about console. https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/extendscript-adding-a-newline-to-console-messages/m-p/1119...

Another problem is or was, that if you only write a number, this number isn't displayed in some cases. I've filed a bug some years ago, but this bug report is vanished.

To avoid this problem just write any letter before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, Thank you for the reply. I am seeing the messages written to the Console, but apparently all of the content isn't saved in Consfile.txt. It would be useful if anything that appears in the Console could be retrieved from a file later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I have seen the same or similar issues with the console pod and the console file (consfile.txt):

1) I always assumed that whatever goes to the console pod will also appear in the console file. That doesn't seem to be the case. It looks like anything that is written with F_Printf, F_Err, F_Warning, F_ApiPrint goes to both the pod and the file but any XML parsing errors, XSLT messages and F_ApiSetString(0, 0, FP_FMConsoleString, sMessage) go only to the pod but not the file. It would be nice if all messages go to both the console and the fil.

2) It also seems tha there is a limit to the number of characters that are written to the console pod. It looks like that after a certain number of characters are written to the console pod, more characters are not added unless the pod is cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tassos. That is what I am seeing as well. This is a big oversight and seems like it would be straightforward for Adobe to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

some days have past....

Today I discovered a new app.property (new to me?), that may help you:

app.FMConsoleString

This contains all the text in the console.

I hope this can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus, Fantastic, thank you! Let me play with it and see if it is helpful for my project. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

again some weeks later an additional info:

To clear this consolestring you have to use:

app.FMConsoleString = "-1";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines