I have a basic conversion table that I use when applying structure based on styles to a saved from Word document.
The conversion process adds "Id" attribute to some repeated elements but not the others. For example if I have multiple occurrences of title it would have Id's generated. The element para on the other hand does away without those Id's added.
Neither of my documents - conversion or exported from Word file have EDDs attached and no information contained in reference pages.
How can I suppress the Id attribute generation during applying structure with a conversion table?
Thanks in advance.
It's been a while since I did this, but I think this occurs when FM attempts to convert unstructured cross-references to structured cross-references, the latter of which require an ID on the destination element. It makes its best guess as to what the new destination element should be, then assigns some ID. The problem is that it almost always guesses wrong. During every conversion process I've ever done, I have had to redo all the cross-references manually. Then I use my FrameSLT plugin to clean up anything I did not want originally:
I'm not sure if there is a way to suppress this behavior. Somehow I think there is not, but you would need to review the Structure Dev Guide to be sure, or maybe somebody else happens to know.
Thank you for your comment!
My general impression is that by avoiding duplicate elements on a node helps alleviating the issue. With that in mind I have made a heavy use of the qualifier column and it seems to help. Granted sometimes those Id's attributes still popup on an occasional element, but not nearly as often.