• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting 4-color to spot colors; what's the best way in FM?

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have an idea, but if I'm defining colors in FM oR bringin in .EPS files from Illustrator, can I easily convert those to PMS for output to PDF/print? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are working with a color print shop, you might ask them how their process learns of job spot colors (coming in with .ps files historically, but like .pdf now). I've often wondered about that, but only wondered, as the need never arose. My print pubs always ended up as B&W.

A key question in this is: does the FM color name survive into the .ps or .pdf? If it's a print color library name, such as Pantone® in older FM versions that included that library, having the name survive into the print shop deliverable might suffice.

If this name path works, it may or may not require that the FM color be defined as "Spot" rather than "Process".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines