Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying book files to use to create a new book

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to create a new book. I have copied all the files from the pre--existing book and my goal is then to update these files as required. The 'old' book has many variables. I'm trying to edit the variables in the new version, but when I try to edit the variables, they cannot be modified because in the 'old' book they are correct.  
Is there an easy way I can update/edit the variables in the new book I'm creating?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Elizabeth 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Now this is strange. The last time I tried to edit the variable, I wasn't able to do that. Nothing changed when I clicked the Update button. I just retried to update the old variable, and I was able to make the change I wanted. 

Thank you for your quick response.

Cheers,

Elizabeth 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be modified how? Are you getting some message or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now this is strange. The last time I tried to edit the variable, I wasn't able to do that. Nothing changed when I clicked the Update button. I just retried to update the old variable, and I was able to make the change I wanted. 

Thank you for your quick response.

Cheers,

Elizabeth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines