• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating TOC and List of Figures is VERY slow!

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating the TOC and List of Figures for a book takes 30 mins PER generation, no mater the number of documents. Why is this so slow?? (FM 2017)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

I've found that opening all files in the book will speed up the process. With the book file active, hold down Shift as you select File > Open All Files in Book. Then create the TOC and List of FIgures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big book? Many pages? Lots of headings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that opening all files in the book will speed up the process. With the book file active, hold down Shift as you select File > Open All Files in Book. Then create the TOC and List of FIgures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely open all the files in the book as well when doing book updates. I'm curious to see if the makes a difference for you. I haven't experienced any slow downs with book updates or making PDFs (which has been an issue in the past) in 2017.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that make the difference, ap16165019 ? I'll have to try closing my files to see if I experience that slowdown.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opening all the files significantly helped the load time.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines