• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Packager using Enterprise Licensing does not recognize FrameMaker 2019 X64 Update 6

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously successfully packaged various updates of FrameMaker 2019 including Update 5 and installed FrameMaker from the package.

With the X64 version of Update 6 , CCP does not list the X64 version of Update 6 after choosing Add Offline Media, choosing Update 6 (after unziping the download), then clicking Extract, followed by Done. The X32 version of Update 6 is listed however.

I have inserted below screen shots showing the following:

1. CCP before the sequence mentioned previously to include Update 6.CCPackagerBeforeUpdate6Extract.png

2. CCP showing the extract screen.
    CCPackagerWithUpdate6ExtractAndSelected.png
  3. CCP after the extract showing only the X32 version of Update 6.
    CCPackagerBeforeAfterUpdate6ExtractSelection.png
  4. CCP showing the X64 version of Update 6 available after following the same sequence as in steps 1-3 except with the unzipped X64 Update 5 download.

CCPackagerWithUpdate5Available.png

Update 6 is not yet available at FrameMaker for Windows - UPDATES/PROGRAMS  Maybe this is significant?

TIA

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

So the response to the case is,  bizarrely, to accept the choice of packaging the 32 bit version of the update. This works, with the resulting package installing the 64 bit version of FrameMaker 2019 with Update 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CCP does create the package for 64-bit version of FrameMaker. You need to select 64-bit OS while creating the package and then proceed further.  

There is a bug in the CCP UI that even though you select 64-bit OS, CCP still shows 32 bit in the list of application even though it installs 64 bit version. You can go ahead and create the 64-bit package and it will install 64-bit FM only with Update 6.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ajit,

You seem to have missed the bit where I said I had previously successfully packaged the 64 bit version of Update 5. So of course I am selecting 64 bit Windows.

There is something missing in the 64 bit Update 6 that I downloaded that causes CCP to fail to detect it.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have logged a support case for this so lets hope I get a response soon. I will update this psot when I have news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the response to the case is,  bizarrely, to accept the choice of packaging the 32 bit version of the update. This works, with the resulting package installing the 64 bit version of FrameMaker 2019 with Update 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines