• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH listing for Responsive HTML 5 in FM2020?

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anywhere I can view a list of the context points that have been captured/converted from my .h file? I've tried a couple of locations in the output, and seen either a couple of random ones from my file, or one that does not exist in my original files at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

I'm not sure the tracker item correctly identifies the problem. I think the functionality may have been broken in FM 2020. It works fine in FM 2019 to generate a help file with CSH with custom-defined CSH markers. It's just that when you use FM 2020 to generate HTML help with CSH with the exact same source and custom .h file, it no longer works. Maybe there are some extra steps that need to be take in FM 2020, but using the exact same process as FM 2019, and following the documented way to gener

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what you're looking to see. The .h file is just your MapIDs built from the CSH markers in your FM content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to see a list of the CSH markers that actually made it to the output files, as none of them are there now, and before the upgrade to FM16/2020, there was no issue. I can test our software with old versions of the help, and new versions. The earlier versions have context sensitive working, the new ones do not. Nothing was changed other than the "this was created in a previous version, do you want to update?" acceptance.

The .h file in this case is manually maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the resulting help output doesn't have your CSH marker indicators in the HTML, then something's gone sideways in the Publish process, I suspect. Have a look at your settings and reselect the setting for CSH markers. I'm not sure how (or why) you'd have to manually maintain the .h file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. The markers are there, but something in the java 'magic' is not translating them correctly. If I replace the files with a group made from FM2019, they work fine. The .h file was inhereted, so I've just maintained it (mostly incase it got renumbered if I added new ones) and it had never been a problem.

Where in the settings is anything for CSH markers? I've been looking, and can't see anything other than where to add a new (unstructured) CSH marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, just had a look in FM2020 - I was expecting to see the same control that's exposed in RH Classic versions - it was labelled "Context-Sensitive Help Marker" in RH's FM Conversion Settings > Other Settings sub-section - in the Style mapping tab (General Settings sub-section), but it's not there.
I'd give the FM folks a buzz - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, looked some more - looks like you have to use the Insert > Publish Markers > Apply CSH Marker to your FM content to get them in; doesn't seem to support your own custom CSH markers like in the FM to RH route. Time for a Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) item I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done - https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9911 - vote away to allow custom-defined CSH markers to be used in Publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure the tracker item correctly identifies the problem. I think the functionality may have been broken in FM 2020. It works fine in FM 2019 to generate a help file with CSH with custom-defined CSH markers. It's just that when you use FM 2020 to generate HTML help with CSH with the exact same source and custom .h file, it no longer works. Maybe there are some extra steps that need to be take in FM 2020, but using the exact same process as FM 2019, and following the documented way to generate HTML help with CSH (as linked to above) doesn't create help with functional CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines