• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display of PNGs - Part II

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/display-of-imported-pngs/m-p/12237246

I tried to reply and typed my reply and hit post, and I got hit with a "post flooding" error right after I clicked Reply, entered my reply and clicked Post, so I thought I would follow up here:

For Export to PDF - There are no special settings that I could find

anywhere that would help me get the equations recognized as images when exporting to PDF. The equations remained recognized as text.

1.             For Export to PDF/XPS - There was a single setting that I could try

(Optimize for Image Quality), but again, the equations were not being recognized as images. Only text.

1.             For Save As HTM/HTML - I tried Lin's recommendations (Save >

Advanced, and Web Options) at a size of Cambria Math 14 point, many subscripts, especially those with a descender such as a "j" were still being cut off. A "j" actually looked like an "i," for example.

1.             For Save as HTM/HTML - I incorporated Lin's recommendations along

with Sue's to increase the font size (this was also found as a work-around when googling this issue until my fingers bled) and voila, it helped with the cutting off of the descenders in a subscript, but introduced another issue. Although in the Word document an equation remained on a single line at the increased font size, when extracted as PNGs, these equations were now turned into multi-line equations at arbitrary points so the equation was not pleasing or easy to read or consistent in layout. Operators were left randomly on their own lines, some lines had only two equation variables, others had three, etc. 

And, the equations MUST be shared among multiple documents and the owner/author of them works only in Word as they produce small tech documents that detail the equations from time to time, so developing in Frame for these two reasons was not an option. I must re-use and the owner works strictly in Word.

So, for now, I am going w/ the PDF solution of saving the Word file to a PDF, and then cropping each equation to the size that I need and importing the PDF into the FM document. As vector images, scaling the PDF to view is not an issue and I can now at least save the equations to a single folder with each equation image having a unique name and I can import each equation into the multiple documents as I need. If I need to make a change to an equation, I can make a change in the original Word doc., save as a PDF with the appropriate name and voila, all the documents that have this equation imported will be updated en masse and the information won't get out of sync across multiple documents.  The only thing that I will simplify going forward is to have each equation in its on Word file so that I can deal w/ one PDF at a time and not have to take an extra step to crop each equation individually out of the PDF file.

Thank you everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: …got hit with a "post flooding" error…

Haven't seen that one. Might expect it based on posts-per-minute, rather than size or who added the last reply. Anyway, I posted a forwarding link there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines