• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA: How to create hazard statements?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using DITA and I‘d like to create hazard statements.

In which files can I define the styles? In the DITA templates
or in the EDDs?

Is it possible to create the hazard statements as tables?

Which steps must be done?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

sorry. I didn't answer die XSLT question.

FrameMaker opens and saves XML files with an XML Application. So it does for DITA-XML-Files as well. XML Applications are definied in structapps.fm.

There you can put in an XSLT for pre-processing (Opening XMLs in FM) and for post-processing (Saving FM-Content back to XML). And here you can do whatever you like.

But: Take care in which kind o process you are doing such manipulation. Changing hazardstatements to table has to effect Publishing process and not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

layout issues are done in your templates perhaps you have different Layouts for editing or Publishing, so have have to fit your Output templates "$STRUCTDIR\xml\DITA\outputTemplates" (Path is defined in ditafm-output.ini) and perhaps in your templates located and referenced  in your DITA XML application.

Perhaps, depending on your Needs, you have to fit pgf-format assigned within the edd, which is also located in your DITA XML application and you have to reimport these changes to your templates.

You can also create tables, but this means specialization and customization of DITA itself and your DITA XML Application. I would recommend to use DITA-Hazardstatement structure for editing and than adding and XSLT for Transformation when you publish your content.

Hope this helps

markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus,

thanks for your answer.

I’m sorry, but I think I need some more help.

I tried to create the hazardatatements as follows:

• defining the paragraph styles in FM unstructured, the paragraph styles are including lines, which
    are defined on the reference page
  • importing the paragraph styles into the
    DITA-template
  • defining the use oft he paragraph styles in the
    EDD
  • importing the EDD into the DITA-template

Result: The paragraph styles in the template are changed, but the lines are not visible.

Where do I have to define the lines?

How can I position the hazardsymbol?

You also mentioned XSLT to create tables. I’m not going to publish via DITA-OT. Therefore that’s no option, I think. Ist hat correct?

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

lines (Frame above/below mechanism right?) are defined on reference page.

So you need also to import the reference pages to your DITA-Template. But perhaps it's a better idea to copy the lines by Hand. I don't know. Or at least save a copy of your unstructured template and remove all reference pages except the one which contains your lines. This makes sure only this reference page is imported to your DITA-Template

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry. I didn't answer die XSLT question.

FrameMaker opens and saves XML files with an XML Application. So it does for DITA-XML-Files as well. XML Applications are definied in structapps.fm.

There you can put in an XSLT for pre-processing (Opening XMLs in FM) and for post-processing (Saving FM-Content back to XML). And here you can do whatever you like.

But: Take care in which kind o process you are doing such manipulation. Changing hazardstatements to table has to effect Publishing process and not the editing process. So you need an XML application strategy for your Publishing Scenarios.

Hope this helps

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus,

thanks for your help!

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate to hijack this thread, but hoping someone still active on this thread can help me with my Hazard Statement in FrameMaker Dita. I am trying to format the banner that FrameMaker places when I assign an attribute. Please see thread here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10480595#10480595

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines