• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA templates in foreign languages

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed FrameMaker 2019, the English version, on Windows 10. Naturally, the DITA templates in ..\Structure\xml\DITA\outputTemplates are installed in English. However, I need these templates in some other foreign languages as well. So, I thought to edit the english texts that appear in the end PDF to those other languages. To this end, I went through the body, master and reference pages. I managed to edit most of the text in other languages. However, some texts seem to be locked, such as the word "chapter" or "Appendix" in the reference page of the TOC template. I would like to have them translated in the corresponding language of the book as well. Is there way to achieve this via FrameMaker?

Hadi

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , PDF output , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some words are added as Autonumbers in the Paragraph Designer and some may be added as Prefixes in the template's EDD (Element Definition Document). You can see the EDD by opening the template and choosing Structure > EDD > Export Element Catalog as EDD. You can see if some words are defined as element prefixes by searching for the element Prefix in the EDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These DITA templates do not have any EDD. If I attempt to export EDD, FrameMaker tells me "current document has no element catalog".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the file you are trying to export the EDD from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is called: TOCTpl.fm, you can find it in ...\Structure\xml\DITA\outputTemplates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The generated files (TOC, etc.) are unstructured so they don't have an EDD associated with them. Is that where you are seeing the words that need to be localized? If so, check the autonumbers in the Paragraph Designer or the reference pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I was able to edit the word in the reference page. It was indeed under numbering in the paragraph design pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines