• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do we have to install the Trial version of FM2019 before we can get the full license?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have an existing old version from my PC (FM V7), I know right , very old. No we have purchased the license for FM2019. We have been told to install the trialversion first before we can get the FM2019 (full version) with License. The issue was, we cannot install the trial version, what would be the issue? We extracted the zip file and got Set Up.exe. But only gave us blank window. What would be the issue? Can you please assist? Thank you in advance.

One more thing... Why are we installing the Trial version first? Can we install the FM2019 by skipping this process?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mezybella​:

The trial version is the full version. The first time you launch the application you will have an option to enter your license or just use the trial for up to 30 days. Since you have purchased the license, you will just enter it when asked.

Now, the real question is why you can't install it. Does your computer meet the system requirements?

FrameMaker System Requirements

Do you have admin rights on your computer?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarbBinder​

Yes, actually out IT department rep was working on this. It does not seem to be working and getting same issues even they have an admin rights.

With an Admin Rights to our computers and still getting issues installing the trial version to enable the full version license is frustrating . IT admin has started this last week and until now they are still looking for a fix. I wish the admin can find it.

Our IT did all checks for the requirements, still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mezybella​,

I've had a similar problem initially, in my case with a non-functional "Continue" button in the installer window. You should specifically look for your version of Internet Explorer. You have to have a current version installed, the FrameMaker installer won't work without it. I've had an older version (because I'm using Firefox and not IE), and couldn't install FM. I'll never understand why and how an FM installation would be dependent on that browser, though…

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines