• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgraded Framemaker

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to 64-bit Framemaker 2019 from 32-bit Framemaker 2017 and converted my existing files. Unfortunately, the new Framemaker won't talk to 32-bit ePublisher Webworks. Webworks does not currently have a 64-bit version (supposedly it is coming out in July), so I downgraded back to 32-bit Framemaker 2017, but now I can't open my files. Is there a work around or some way to convert my files back to something that can be opened with 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware that there was any difference in the .fm files produced, but you could install the 64-bit on another machine, open the files and save as MIF to be able to transfer them back to the 32-bit version.

[EDIT - I missed the "I'm going back to FM2017" bit when I answered. There's no difference in 32/64-bit FM2019 files. Personally, I'd just use the 32 bit version of FM2019 instead of going back to FM2017]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open the files in FrameMaker 2019 and save them down to 2017. You can only save down one version (32-bit versus 64-bit doesn't matter). If you have a lot of files to save down, check out my ConvertDocs script at frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also "heroic open" in earlier releases, but it's a last resort.

If the latest FM is available, save back as prior release .fm, or save as .mif.

Whenever a mixed-release environment lurks (such as sending out for translation), stewardship needs to routinely include saving as both .fm and .mif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines