• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Content Filter not working in Version: 16.0.1.817

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that Dynamic Content Filtering no longer works when I try to publish in HTML5 in Version: 16.0.1.817

I created a simple DITA map to demontrate this.

<map>
<title>MAP TITLE</title>
<topicref href="conceptA.xml" type="concept" product="A">
<topicmeta>
<navtitle>Concept A</navtitle>
</topicmeta>
</topicref>
<topicref href="conceptB.xml" type="concept" product="B">
<topicmeta>
<navtitle>Concept B</navtitle>
</topicmeta>
</topicref>
<topicref href="conceptC.xml" type="concept" product="A B">
<topicmeta>
<navtitle>Concept C</navtitle>
</topicmeta>
</topicref>
</map>

When I publish, no filter option is appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

I am no longer able to reproduce the error.  I am using the same files as before but the HTML5 is being generated properly now with filters.  This isn't a bad thing, but it would have been nice to know what caused the problem.

Thanks for your help Bhavyaa.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, it looks like the HTML5 template was the culprit here.  The 2019 HTML5 template needs to be updated to support Framemaker 2020.  When I worked off of the default.sts file the filters reappeared.  

It looks like I have to rebuild my slz files for the new update.  Not ideal but at least it offers a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sean,

It might be the sts, but the ditamap files use Ditaval option for filtering the content and dita file use DCF. It would be helpful if you could share the file and sts. We will verify and let you know.

Thanks,

Bhavyaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to reproduce the error.  I am using the same files as before but the HTML5 is being generated properly now with filters.  This isn't a bad thing, but it would have been nice to know what caused the problem.

Thanks for your help Bhavyaa.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce the bug and generated different behaviour on Framemaker 2019 and 2020.

The STS files I used were the default files in both cases.  I am not having any success in  Framemaker 2020.

Please send me your email address and I will send you the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,
Please share these files with us to indentify the issue. You can send the file at bbansal@adobe.com (or ddutta@adobe.com ). 

Thanks,

Bhavyaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sean, 

This issue occurred due to DITA-OT upgrade. The workaround is to add locktitle="yes" in all topicrefs. We are sharing the steps that will resolve this issue for the time being. Please use the shared XSL shared.  

(https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:a6c3d11a-864a-4e96-b044-e9f8b7e9a89...)

Please follow the following steps:

• Open DITA Map in Code View
  • Go to XSLT > Advanced Run...
  • Select Scope as "Current File"
  • Select the XSL Radio Button and Browse to the XSL File
  • Click on Run button.

A new ditamap will be created with locktitle="yes" set for topicref & its specializations. Use the generated ditamap for further purposes.

Thanks,

Bhavyaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines