Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element menu enhancements in FM 2017

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Element menu enhancements

A lot of new commands have been added in the Element menu to help you work more efficiently and

easily with structured elements. In addition, a shortcut key is assigned to all of these commands to

help you perform tasks quickly. A list of commands in the Element menu along with their shortcut

keys is given in the following table: ...

Either this doesn't work the way I want it to. Or I don't work the way Adobe wants me to.

I place the cursor at an insertion point in the middle of an element (in this example before est😞

I select the command Element > Ausblendung von Element und Gleichrangigen umschalten (in the english version it is called Toggle Element Collapse All Siblings). This is what happens:

In one of Matt's books, the command is explained: Select element containing the insertion point. That's what I wanted to do and what FM has done. So, Matt is right, Adobe is wrong.

The shortcuts are irritating, too: Adobe FM help: Esc E X (works), Matt's book: Esc h E (doesn't work). So, Adobe is right, Matt is wrong.

Anyone else having problems with the new element menu enhancements in FM 2017?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...and that's why I generally resist supplying lists of shortcut commands!

Thanks for the heads-up on Esc h E. I'll update or rewrite for the next version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines