Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty page is getting generated after updating a book

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks

I am using Adobe Framemaker 2020 - Unstructured. I wanted to create a PDF output and I link the required documentation to a book but a blank page is getting created automatically after the last page of each section when updating a book. The blank page is created even after deleting it Format > Document > Delete pages

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Most probably your files are set to start on a right page. In the book right-click on a file after such an empty page and click Pagination. What is selected? You should change this to Next Available.

Then update the book so that the pagination is updated.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is:
  Format » Page Layout » Pagination set to?

If 
  ⦿ Double Sided
then trailing blank pages cannot be removed by FM's Delete Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arvind5E6D:

Here's some info on how the delete blank pages command works, and why it doesn't work sometimes.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-9-deleting-empty-pages/

I'm in the same camp as Winfried and Bob—I'm guessing that it is your Pagination settings—covered at the very bottom of that post. If your chapters are instructed to start on a right page, but the previous chapter ends on a right page, then Fm is going to add a blank left page, unless you tell it not to.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the general case, empty pages may appear because they are not really empty. For example, if there are blank lines following the end of your text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: …if there are blank lines following the end of your text.

To detect that, elect View » Text Symbols
and look for stray ¶ or § glyphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines