• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Messages When Saving FM 2019 and 2020 Files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team continues to receive error messages when trying to save FrameMaker files on our company server. The errors have occurred in both 2019 and 2020 versions. We don't seem to get the errors when working from our desktop. We've also had files disappear when we update the book file. Can anyone provide any insight on what might be causing these issues? 

lourieh_0-1619555641519.png

lourieh_1-1619555652862.png

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a write-access issue...Are you using any form of version control or content management system?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we are not using a content management system. We use FrameMaker to produce our manuals and then save them as PDFs for the end-users. Most of our manuals are in Unstructured FrameMaker, but we also have a few in Structured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can save the files to the local drive, then it sounds like a network-specific issue.

I've had problems saving to a network location, even if it's literally on my local drive (related to using a virtual machine)

Try remapping your network devices to see if it clears up.

If that doesn't help, reset your preferences...Navigate to 

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker and rename the 16 directory to 16-old (or similar). Restart FrameMaker and see if that helps.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your error messages imply that that there are network issues, or your anti-virus software blocks the files or something like that.

When files from a book disappear, when you update the book, then this is a major issue! I noticed this as well, maybe four or five times in the last two years. Now I am really paranoid and almost always keep a backup copy, before I update a book. I am not sure, but I think that I did not notice this with FM 2020, only FM 2019. Or at least not with update 1 of FM 2020.

Can you write a report in tracker, so that Adobe can refer to this report? https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Are your FM versions updated? The latest versions are update 1 for FM 2020 and update 8 for FM 2019.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using both FM 2020 Update 1 and FM 2019 Update 8, although I may have been on Update 6 when some of these issues occurred. I will write up a report in tracker. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company account does not allow me to access tracker. How do I report these issues to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try accessing tracker.adobe.com on your phone, or on your home computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines