• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Even spacing between two lines above and below a paragraph tag

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a heading where I have a single line before and after the text. But how to even up the amount of space between line and text. In other words center the text vertically between the upper and lower line.heading.png

Moved due to message history https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10607133

TOPICS
Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Framemaker. I thought I was in the correct forum. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacing on those lines is handled on the reference pages.

Use View > References pages to see the lines. Center the Single Line within the frame and return to the Body pages to see the result. If it still isn't perfect, return to the Reference page and continue to tweek both the frame size and the line position. The frame itself is responsible for the spacing, and the line can be shifted within the frame to fine tune the position. Be sure View > Borders is enabled. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Barb, and you can go one step further if you need to. You can create a new frame and use a separate one for Above and Below the paragraph. Sometimes it is easier to position each one instead of trying to get one line to work for Above and Below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If reference pages are new to you, these two posts may help you feel more comfortable:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-what-are-reference-pages/

and

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-more-on-reference-pages/

The second one addresses how to add a new frame to the reference page that you can then call in through the Paragraph Designer, if you decide one frame won't work for both to the top and the bottom, as per Rick's comment.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tekwrite1955: … heading where I have a single line before and after the text.

You are getting great advice on how to use the Paragraph Format Frame-Above & Frame-Below feature (which pulls in the contents of named Graphic Frame from Reference Page "Reference"), typically fixed length/stroke vector lines. This works well for page-orient output (print or PDF).

But if the workflow is to HTML or eBook, it might not work as intended, due to the fixed length aspect. These are not a substitute for what is often wanted, which is the equivalent of the HTML <HR> tag. If that's needed, a different approach is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines