• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

F9 stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a thorny issue in FrameMaker 12 (unStructured). My F9 key to bring up the Paragraph Format pop-up no longer works. Indeed, my keyboard stopped working in Frame entirely. I've tried making sure the CAPSLOCK key is off, the F-lock key is in the right state, the document is not locked, rebooted, uninstalled / reinstalled Frame. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Ctrl+9 work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I still cannot get any keyboard input to work (either external USB nor laptop keyboard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like something external to FM is going on - what's changed in your environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have new information - the first time I open a document, I /can/ type in the document and use Paragraph Formats if I use the mouse to select a new Format and click Apply. However, as soon as I press the F9 hotkey, I cease to have keyboard functions altogether. I'm beginning to suspect interference from another app.

I'm beginning to lean toward asking IT to wipe my system and reload fresh. It's a bit scorched earth but I'm not allowed to have more than a couple System Restore points and the window is past what I could use to go back in time to prior working state. (Ugh.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it sounds like something else changed in your environment. I'd suggest holding off on the scorched earth policy and going back to using the Paragraph Catalog for a few days until you can determine what's hijacking your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can now confirm I cannot enter text when pressing either F8 or F9 (from any keyboard - external USB or laptop) but I can continue to mouse around and change Paragraph formats from the Paragraph Catalog. Furthermore, once I press either F8 / F9, I can close the book and chapters but cannot close Frame from the Close button in the top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines