Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facing issue while converting DITAMAP to PDF in FM 2017

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a DITAMAP and now I want to save it as PDF with the formats and customizations as per my organisation defined templates.

To achieve this I have already replaced the default ditabase.template.fm file with customized ditabase.template.fm file at the below path.

"Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\Structure\xml\DITA\outputTemplates"

While saving the DITAMAP as pdf I am able to achieve the desired output. The requirement that is not met here is that I am not able to generate a Title page, TOC and Index with this option. 

Can anyone please suggest to me what steps shall I follow to have these files also in my pdf output that too with my customized templates.

Please note that currently I am using save as PDF option from File menu while using ditaval file also.

Thanks.

TOPICS
FAQ , PDF output , Publishing , Structured , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am not sure by which route you are publishing your pdf,

• In the composite route, FM doesn't generate TOC,  List of figures, etc.
    • You can use single  "ditabase.template.fm "for the whole pdf generation
  • In Book route, You would need seprate templates for title, TOC, List of figure etc 
    • We have simplified this and integrated all these settings in Publish settings in FrameMaker 2019 version.
    • clipboard_image_0.png

So, You would need seprate templates for TOC, Title page etc 

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pulkit 

Thanks for reply
Actually we are using FM2017 Can we achieved this in FM2017 version?

Thanks
Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Manish , It is available in FM2019 (64 and 32bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
But You can anyway do things manually in earlier versions as well , You can download FM2019 trial in the meanwhile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fm 2017 and earlier versions used a more complex system of INI files for conversion and output. I highly recommend you check out a trial of Fm 2019 to compare the new options available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines