Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Figure number repeating

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a small issue I hope someone can help with. I haven`t used FrameMaker in quite some time.

I`m using Version 11.

When I added a List of Figures and a List of Tables to my document, Figure 2 started to appear as Figure 1 but Figure 1 (on page 1) is still present as Figure 1 so basically I have 2 examples of "Figure 1" in the document.

There is a cover page, then the TOC, LOF, LOT and on page 6 or 7 is where Figure 2 changed to Figure 1.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? The document is due to be submitted today!

Thanks,

Dean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Hi TechDean:

If you don't include the chapter numbers (i.e., Figure 1.1 and Table 1.1) then I'd be looking specifically at the series labels and incremental counter—standardize the Figure and Table title tags first in the document, and then in the book.

For all the Figure titles:

F:Figure <n+>.

Update all, Remove Overrides

For all the Table titles:

T:Table <n+>.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the numbering properties for both the documents themselves and the documents within the book file and see if you have the paragraph numbering set to restart.

If that isn't the issue, double check that you are (a) using the exact same tag for the captions, and (b) there are no overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TechDean:

If you don't include the chapter numbers (i.e., Figure 1.1 and Table 1.1) then I'd be looking specifically at the series labels and incremental counter—standardize the Figure and Table title tags first in the document, and then in the book.

For all the Figure titles:

F:Figure <n+>.

For all the Table titles:

T:Table <n+>.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

That resolved the issue. Thank you so much, deadline met!

It`s not the first time you have helped me and I am, as ever, very grateful.

Regards,

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dean:

I'm so glad, and we are always happy to help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines