Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF from FrameMaker

Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is it possible to create an editable/fillable PDF from FrameMaker 2020?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Hi,

I have a form which I started in FrameMaker. Probably there are also other ways to do this. What I did:

In FrameMaker create tables with single cells for each signature or info box in the form. Create a PDF.

In Acrobat open this PDF and use the Prepare Form tool to make the cells fillable. You can set what should happen in each cell (content, appearance, etc.).

Then save this and give a copy of this form to your users.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a form which I started in FrameMaker. Probably there are also other ways to do this. What I did:

In FrameMaker create tables with single cells for each signature or info box in the form. Create a PDF.

In Acrobat open this PDF and use the Prepare Form tool to make the cells fillable. You can set what should happen in each cell (content, appearance, etc.).

Then save this and give a copy of this form to your users.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shlomo Perets of Microtype.com has some tools to do this. They are actually Distiller add-ons that allow you to insert markers in FrameMaker paragraphs--for example, table cells--that will become Acrobat form fields when you create a PDF through Distiller. I did some of this in the past with several clients. Although FM 2020 bypasses Distiller by default when making PDFs, you can still force it to use Distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Just to see if I understood, these tools, add-ons, from Microtype are resources available to buy and install to FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Shlomo's tools are add-ons. On his website he gives more details.

You can buy them from him. At the top of this page there is a link to the order form.

http://www.microtype.com/timesavers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more question, do I need to buy acrobat distiller as well? How do I know if I already have it installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the Start menu and type in Distiller and see if Acrobat Distiller appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines