• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Find/Change' is closing chapters after running through them. Why?

Engaged ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 13.0.5.547

This behaviour is completely new to me... I have a book and its twenty chapters open in Framemaker.

Do a Find (ctrl+f) for a string. Each time I get a hit, I press <shift-f7> to jump into the text and make corrections.

Then I click 'find' again.

If no more instances of the string are found in the current document, Frame is now *closing* the document (prompting to save changes if any were made) when it goes to the next doc in the book.

Have I somehow flipped an option that controls this behaviour, or is this actually broken?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recollection is that during search of a book, if the file needs to be opened, Fm has always closed before moving to then next file. If the file is open prior to the search, it remains open.

Does Fm close the files if they're all open prior to your Find/Change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's pretty well what I remember too … very tidy-minded ;-} but OP says all the files are already open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines