• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2017 internal error.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snaps at Book Building. Renaming the 14 dir. doesn't help, neither mif roundtrip. Please help!FMdeath.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all patched up? Does it happen to all books or just one in particular? Have you submitted the error log to the FM engineers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't know. Installed in Sept.'17 -- where do I get the patches?

2. Only one, and not always.

3. No -- last time I submitted, the response was to not expect a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Help menu for info on your current version, and for a link to updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, ended up at FrameMaker Help resources

There are no links to any patches, the page was last updated in Sept., before the last patch (AFAIK).

Please help! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the direct path - Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm via Help > About FrameMaker that you are using version 14.0.3.500

If not, please use Help > Updates to download and install that version.

If you're up to date with your Fm version, I suggest creating a new book, adding chapters and then building a new TOC/IX from scratch.

Other than that, you may be beyond what we can help with in a user forum, and you'll need to get in touch with Adobe Tech Support directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, Matt,

The patch installed, but that was not enough, neither the forum suggestions. 

I still don’t know what was wrong prior to the patching. Afterwards, when I started debugging in earnest, pinpointed to some 4-layer index markers (unsupported in my templates but not snapping before). Indeed, the patch was supposed to fix some indexing bugs, so it might need another patch.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the 4th level index entries are causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I deleted the 4-tier index markers, I could successfully rebuild the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify. In my template, the 4th level marker creates a glaringly bad entry with the font larger that the para default, thus overlapping neighboring lines. Could the overlap cause the snaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah!

reformat the 4th level entry using the paragraph designer. Update all, and you should be ready to go.

If not, check the IX reference page and follow form with the other 3 levels of marker to produce the 4th level entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying I am no longer allowed to create overlapping lines?

It was intentional, to prevent 4-level entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, good!

My initial reaction was "Why in the world do you need a 4th level entry?!

I don't believe that the tight leading would cause the error, but perhaps you can go with red & bold and a smaller font to see if it cleans up the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines