• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2017 Printing slowly when document contains graphics

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 2017 and have found that when I print documents containing graphics, the print time is sometimes unusually long. 

Most of our graphics are referenced PDFs, and none are particularly large (i.e.. most are under 1MB).

Currently I am trying to print (to PDF) 6 pages of a manual section, containing about 5 graphics, each of which are under 100KB.   The print job has been running for about 30 minutes.

Is there an adjustment or update that would address this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing directly from FM, or printing from the rendered PDF?

If printing directly from FM, to what type of printer, and using what driver page description language (i.e. Postscript, HP-PCL, EscP, other)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occurs when I'm printing from FM to PDF.   It first became noticeable when I was printing whole books to PDF, but recently I've noticed that it will be slow to create a PDF with a selected section or page range as well.

I'm not sure what specific Adobe PDF settings might be an issue, but I can look them up if you can tell me which setting to check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am facing the same issue. I am stuck. Can I get some help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines