• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019 - How to push meta data directly from FM into the PDF without manual efforts per each book?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,
I wish to push meta data (like copyright, author, title) directly from FM into the PDF (or other media) without filling data manually for each book - I seek an automated solution - so a quite effortless process.
I thought of using the FM "file info" but seems that in FM 2019 variables cannot be used.
  • OR did I missed a special trick?
If no trick: 
What about FM 2020 - does it work in 2020?

Any other idea? I`m sure this is not a very unique requirement ...

Thanks so much

Astrid

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the file info fields not porting over? That's the normal way, but they don't use variables—I put them in my template so that they are in the files based on the template.  When you forget—as I have—you can write an action in Acrobat to add them later via a batch process.

This was written for an older version of Acrobat. I'll update it for DC but the process is still similar. If you have a question before I update the post you can ask it here, or at the bottom of the post. Either way, I'll see it.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-acrobat-x-adding-description-fields-to-multiple-pdfs/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evermap has a free Windows program for setting metadata on batches of PDFs. I have used some of their paid software and it is very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I do not want to go via PDF as workaround as for that I have a solution (enrich XMP metadata by just importing a file to the PDF by using Acrobat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also think that variables should be used in the file info and also in the marker dialog!

I wrote a FrameScript script to update the file info with the content of some variables some years ago. You might want to do this in ExtendScript. Or ask one of the script developers like Rick Quatro.

And I created a feature request in the Adobe Tracker. You might vote for it. Possibly this will be done some time.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9482

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines