I am trying to publish ditamap as html file, however, it always fails. The publishing log says at the bottom that "Unable to publish. Validate xml source files and retry." How do I do that? I am new to this and I know my predecessor used Framemaker 2015 to work with the same files. Does that create a problem? I have gone through the whole ditamap and saved all the files with Framemaker 2019, but that didn't help. I have applied "Structure > Validate > Entire document > Start validating" for each file. Didn't help. Or then I'm doing something wrong with these procedures.
What should I do/try next?
Thank you for any help or tips!
Between FM2015 and FM2019, DITA-OT has been upgraded in FM and plans are to upgrade the same for FMNEXT release as well. Not sure if some checks are failing. Maybe you may wanna check if you were earlier using DITA 1.1 and not with FM2019 defaulting to DITA 1.3. If you can, try and share a sample with me and i could have a look at the same as well.
Thank you for your quick response!
How do I check which DITA do I have? And by sharing, do you mean send you the ditamap via email? I would have to check that with my company.
Ok, I opened the xml view of the ditamap and the first xml file it contains. the first lines are:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE map PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA 1.3 Map//EN" "technicalContent/dtd/map.dtd" [
Should I change something from those?
Update: some of those 9 files start working (can be published in html5) when I deleted them and re-inserted them into the bitmap. I also noticed that some files which can be published own their own without a problem, didn't show in the htlm5 output view, I deleted and re-inserted them too and now they are included in the output view. Strange things going on with these ditamaps. However, I still have problem with at least 4 of the files and the publishing fails with them.
Update: Only two of the files are actually non-functioning. The others only have links to them. And those non-functioning ones are in some weird blue/tourqoise highlight colour which is not an indicator of a link at least since they're inside <dl> <dlentry> <dt></dt><dd></dd> </dlentry></dl> tags. Quick and dirty solution is to just delete and re-write everything. However, in case some more complex files have the same problem in the futute, it would be nice to know the real solution.