• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fm 2019—PNG image appears in black shades

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 2019. A png image appears in black shades when I use Print Book command and save print in Adobe PDF format. I tried updating, but no resolution found. Previously when I used to publish the document in pdf format, it used to have blan

Print Book command output in pdf format.jpg

Title edited by: Barb Binder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Publish pod to produce the PDF instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funnily enough, I came to the forum this morning with the exact same question (it just happened to me), using 15.0.3.603.

I tried the Publish pod using the default .sts settings for pdf, and it displayed the image properly.

Is the Publish pod the recommended method going forward?

Any idea if bugs like this will be looked at for Print Book?

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried to fix this with update 4 (coming out early next week). We have shared a private build with a customer who had posted the original bug and received confirmation that it works fine. Requesting you to wait till next week for an official Update 4 drop.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaggedpeak:

Is the Publish pod the recommended method going forward?

Yes, the Publish pod is the recommended method going forward. Actually, who can see the future, so let's try that again... the Publish pod is the recommended method for FrameMaker 2019.

As a heads up, File > Save as PDF uses the settings file in the Publish pod, so if you want to reuse the same settings, you can still use that command. If you need to tweak the settings, you will have to return to the Publish pod.

One more change to note, when you need to edit Bookmarks and accessibility tags, you need to do that in Format > Document > PDF Setup.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarbBinder​. I can honestly say I haven't used 'Save as PDF' (or whatever the option may have been called in the past) in years 🙂

(It was wonky years ago, and I just got in the habit of always using Print (for document) or Print Book :-))

Thanks for the tips, I'll bookmark this page for when I inevitably forget!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaggedpeak:

Since Amitoj is on the thread, perhaps he can better clarify this, but while the old print to PDF workflow still exists in 2019, it uses older technology so is no longer recommended. Save as PDF/Publish Pod creates a more modern PDF and gives us PDF options that we haven't had in FrameMaker before.

That said, my personal observation after using multiple Adobe products over the course of many years, there are always people who don't want to change (or can't for some reason) so Adobe tends to leave older features intact while offering enhancements as alternatives.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Barb thats correct. Although, we are making all future release investments (FMNEXT) with Save as PDF (Publish POD) workflow but Print to PDF workflow will continue and we may look at any bugs being raised on this one and then pick them as priority.

Please do try Save as PDF once as we have and continue to make lot of new developments for the next release.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

It looks the problem description I gave is not posted fully on site.

Previously I tried to publish the document in pdf format (with Save as PDF/Publish Pod), it used to have blank pages intermittently in the output. So I switched to print to PDF workflow. Through this the png image was appearing in black shades. So I upgraded to version 15.0.3.603.

Now after upgrade, the Save as PDF/Publish Pod are giving me correct output. But the print to PDF workflow is still providing shaded png image. I saw the image is having transparency with no background, so I added a white background to the png image and then FM provided me correct output through print to PDF workflow as well.

Now I learnt that your update 4 is coming with new pdf engine for print to PDF workflow. That should solve the problem.

Thanks for your response.

Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines