• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019 Structured Doc Opens, Then Disappears

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a FM book and its files, the file page is viewable momentarily, and then disappears, leaving only a white page. If I select any menu item, for example: View > Options, the View Options window pops up and the page behind it displays normally. When I close the View Options window, the page disappears again. This only happens on my laptop. The same FM book and its files opens without issue on other laptops. The day before yesterday, I had no problem. What could cause this sudden issue or conflict?

TOPICS
Error , Structured , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed any scripts or plugins recently. Some scripts and plugins will turn off the document display in order to speed up their operations. If the display is not restored correctly, for example, if the script crashes, you will see the white screen.

Here is a way to test it: copy the code below into a plain text file with a .jsx extension and save it to the Desktop. Open your document and choose File > Script > Run and select the script. See if that restores the document display. If it does, the next step is to figure out what is turning it off.

#target framemaker
var doc = app.ActiveDoc;
if (doc.ObjectValid () === 1) {
    if (app.Displaying === 0) {
        app.Displaying = 1;
        doc.Redisplay ();
    }
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes. Test Rick's ExtendScript script!

Do you encounter this issue with all your files or only with the files of a specific book?

Does it make a difference, how you open the file? Via the book file or menu or double-click in your file manager?

Does CTRL+L (Refresh) do anything?

Can you place the insertion mark in the invisible file and select text?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines