• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

FM 2022 XSLT issue - any info on this ?

Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using XSLT via ExtendScript, using CallClient to the transformation code. With FM 2022 I am getting this error message: "Failed to initialize: javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory"

 

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this and how to fix it ? Anyone from Adobe watching this forum ? Are there dependencies on the installed Java version ? If this is a bug I need to move all my clients away from FM 2022 until it is fixed. Please let me (and others on this forum) know asap.

TOPICS
Error , Scripting

Views

214

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the CallClient api with arguments ?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there was some random Windows error, possibly caused by another component. I tried running the same client with a simple XSL and that worked. Retrying the original code then also worked. It was an alarming type of error message, but it looks like it was some false alarm in the end. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang, I have seen this with FrameMaker 2020 and a restart of FrameMaker usually resolves it. It looks like the XSLT processor being invoked is initialized the first time you use it because I notice that my first transform of a FrameMaker session is slower than following transforms.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the first use causes the XSLT processor to load. I have tried for years to get a switch in the maker.ini so that the processor can be loaded on startup - depending on that switch - but so far there has not been any action on this from the developer team. I keep trying, as almost all of my applications are using XSLT and there is usually plenty time when FM is starting up - until the moment the user clicks on something that requires a transform.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines