Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fm crashes while inserting elements on Win11 ARM

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm running FM15, FM16 and FM17 here and they all have the same issue: when I want to insert an element FM crashes. Any idea what can be missing? Or where to look?

Note: I copied the complete installation folders from my Windows 10 machine to Windows 11 ARM - at first it all seemed to work fine but then this issue appeared. 

Wim.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wim,

I vaguely recall encountering this issue when I first had FM 2020 running under Win11/ARM on MacOS via Parallels.

Only because you did not say so explicitly, did you do this?

- From a Windows 10 installation, copy "C:\Windows\System32\atmlib.dll" to the same location on Windows 11. (Be sure to copy atmlib.dll from "System32", not the version in "SysWOW64").

I don't believe that FM will even launch if it does not detect "atmlib.dll". But copying the "wrong" version might possibly be the cause of your crashes.

HTH!

-Alan Houser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines