• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fm.elements

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a source document for the list of FrameMaker structured elements?   fm.mov   fm.icy  fm.description (attachStoreShipPartCodeRef)  etc.  Most are self-explanatory, but I like to understand the context in which they are used, which data modules, etc.  Is there a source document somewhere?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rhonda,

The only place where these will be mentioned is in the documentation for the specific XML application. In this case it's the S1000D 4.0.1 XML application that I originally designed for FM10. If you don't have a copy of the PDF, you can find it here: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/pdfs/Fm-application-pack-for-s1000d.pdf

The decision to use the [fm.] prefix was to give a clear indication that the element was only relevant in the FrameMaker environment and would not be exported to the XML. We need to do this when FrameMaker specific object model prevents exact adherence to the structure defined in the XML schema.  The elements you mention are defined in the IPD EDD and were essential because the S1000D IPD schema is a horrible mess that bears no relation to the expected output. In the guide for an earlier S1000D application there is a diagram that shows the mapping from source XML to FrameMaker. http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/framemaker/pdfs/fm72_s1000d.pdf

I hope that helps?

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines