• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM Sharepoint CMS operations too slow!

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing Sharepoint as a potential CMS for my company, and the integration is done and working, but it takes up to 10 minutes to check out a book and a couple of minutes to check out a chapter from inside the FM Repository Manager. We're on FM 19 and Office 365. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution? Does other CMS software have this issue? Thanks!!!

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved you over to a better forum from the main FM one - moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn’t my experience in testing connection to  sp 365. Recheck your setup and network connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only have two IT guys, and the manager made the connection. Is there something specific to look for? A setup document to read? I don't have a clue about Sharepoint setups, but maybe he can check something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that has been reported by another customer. We are using standard Office 365 sharepoint APIs for this. We are also checking with MS on this issue. We do plan to investigate this from an engg standpoint in upcoming June sprint and if there is any improvements those will be incorporated in Update 4 planned for July launch.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm testing now to see if it's related to required properties in SP that can't be added to the document before uploading the first time. I will keep you posted if I have a great epiphany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amys3546815,

We have made more code performance improvements for Sharepoint Online CMS based on our side.

Feedbacks were also shared with Microsoft about Sharepoint APIs.

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We encounter the same behavior with FrameMaker 2022 (17.0.1.305). Checking out a structured FrameMaker file with 80 pages and 140 referenced graphics takes about 15 minutes, and the worse is after checking in, and checking it out again the next day, it takes the same amount of time, although the files are already on the local drive. All referenced files are downloaded again and overwritten, although the preferences are set to not checkout dependent files by default.
Is anybody there who is using the Sharepoint online integration without trouble in a productive environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines