Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM12 - Converting to pdf and odd happenings with images

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Some images are showing up fine in the .pdf (note the very top part of this image is a previous page having an image).  The bottom part (what appears as a blueish box) is actually an image that is not displying properly in the pdf.  I can select this blue box and copy/paste into a word document and the image is shown. 

Not sure yet why this is happening to some of the images.

Appreciate any advice.

regards,

Ben

6-21-2018 10-31-36 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up.

I just created a new book with just the one chapter that is having issues (thinking maybe something in other chapters may be causing this condition).  It appears not to be.  I created this chapter from scratch (i.e. not an existing chapter created by another author) so it is highly likely I am doing something wrong - but I cannot determine what....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still playing around with this as time permits....

I noticed that moving the image outside of the anchored frame and then saving as .pdf, the image displays as expected.

So.....

Latest experiment:

Deleted frame and image that was imported (was imported by ref.).

Added a graphic frame to the page and then imported the image.

Saved as .pdf and the image displays as expected. 

Not sure why this works but not a very efficient workaround.  As mentioned prior, seems something is wrong with this document (doing mif  "wash" did not matter....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines