Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM13 does not open ditamap depending on RMViewLeftDocked

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a FM publishing server 2015 running on MS2012 R2.

A strange behaviour started occuring a few weeks ago: Framemaker does not open ditamaps anymore.

It freezes or crashes. After starting FM anew, it is proposed to restore the previous session, but fails and freezes again.

This behaviour does not occur when opening xml files.

I found out that deleting the maker.ini of the user solves the problem. But only for 2 or 3 days...

The first value of RMViewLeftDocked seems to cause the issue, it changes over time.
A fresh maker.ini has RMViewLeftDocked=360, 1071, and FM crashes when the value reaches RMViewLeftDocked=30, 1071.

The server runs every night printing over 400 documents. We work with structured FM.

How do I stop the value from changing? How do I prevent FM to crash when the value is 30?

Regards,

Fabian

TOPICS
Error , Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Hi Fabian,

I have some blurry memories that there was such a bug in the 2015 release. Is your 2015 FMPS all patched up?

Send us an email to tcssup@adobe.com and put me on CC (gentz at adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Fabian,

I have some blurry memories that there was such a bug in the 2015 release. Is your 2015 FMPS all patched up?

Send us an email to tcssup@adobe.com and put me on CC (gentz at adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines