• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2017 Won't Print to PDF

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been printing to PDF forever, Yesterday, I needed to print a page out on my home printer. Now I'm getting an error message   "Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with FrameMaker. (Cannot query escape 768.)

Adobe PDF is selected as default printer both in FM and for Windows.

Restarted FM; restarted computer; reinstalled FM and latest patch. Still same error message.

I have docs that I need to get out today and I cannot seem to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Win10 update to build 1803 is probably the culprit - you'll have to roll it back for PDF to work.

See Post#7 in this thread - Re: Frame 2017 Equations Clipped in Print to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you're deselecting the Rely on system fonts only option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, did all that, but not rollback. Save as PDF works just fine after I followed the instructions in the last post. What is very strange is under PDF Setup, there is no option to select RGB or CYMK.

As long as I can save as PDF, I'm good to go.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Matt's suggestion and deselected Rely on System Fonts only - w/o rolling back to 1709 (a temporary fix b/c Microsoft will force the update to an unattended system) but I still can't Save as PDF and I'm continuing to see the same error message when printing to Adobe PDF Printer:  "Cannot print because the selected default printer is not compatible with FrameMaker. (Cannot query escape 768.)" Curious. I really hope MS is close to resolving this issue - and this is another argument for reintroducing FrameMaker for Macintosh. Would someone please alert Stefan? TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The culprit is RGB vs CYMK, IMO. When you save as PDF, be sure CYMK is selected. For some reason, RGB seems to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMYK works better - thank you for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So... the CMYK setting is in the dialog if you choose to save the Book as a PDF (as far as I can tell).

I'll start using the save as PDF option but ... are there any 'gotchas' to be aware of? (I've been using 'Print Book' for a long time.)

And have we heard if theres a solution yet for the Print Book option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines