• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2020 Responsive HTML - Output Image Settings missing vs FM2019

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are moving from Framemaker 2019 to 2020. However, the JPG images in FM2020 output appear in a much lower quality compared to the FM2019 output. Further, the Image Settings are missing or very limited in FM2020 compared to FM2019. See the two settings dialogs below. 

This is FM2020: (ver 16.0.3.979)

whlotus_0-1637871750984.png

This is FM2019:

whlotus_1-1637871797236.png

Where are these settings in FM2020? I would like to change the JPG Quality value. If there isn't a setting somewhere in the GUI, I was hoping there might be some other configuration settings I can make.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no idea - I suspect you'll need to reach out to the FM support folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In older versions before 2020, web-compatible images like JPG were converted during HTML5 output generation and new image files were created. This resulted in a loss of quality and slowed down the output generation process.

Based on strong requests from many users, we have changed this in the 2020 release. In the 2020 release, all web-compatible images (like JPG, PNG, and GIF) are just copied to the output folder without any conversion or modification. As there is no longer any conversion happening, these settings are no longer there.

Can you explain a little bit more what differences in quality you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines