• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts installed in Windows but not available in FrameMaker 12

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our books use some custom TrueType fonts. I have installed them (and deleted them, and reinstalled them, and rebooted, repeatedly) but Frame says it can't find them. More specifically, it can find the base font (MetricNEW) but none of the flavors (bold, italic, light, semibold, et al.). Word is able to bold/italicize them, though it also only shows the base name. Not sure whether that's normal for Word or not.

When I open one of the chapters, I get the warning about unavailable fonts and substitution with Times New Roman. If I then go into the Paragraph Designer, the list of fonts shows the base font and a couple of the flavors, with the flavors greyed out. The base DOES work. I'm guessing that it's only showing the two flavors because they're the only ones called out by the book.

One of my colleagues can open the books fine; he also has

Any guesses as to what's going on? I'm 2500 miles from the office (permanently), can't really imagine doing a product release worth of updates via email, plus that won't solve the problem for the future.

Windows 7, fully patched, as is Frame.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Never mind": I had been sent .ttf fonts with the same names; those were what weren't working right. Once I was re-sent the .otf versions of those fonts, Frame stopped complaining on open. It still complained gently on Save As/PDF about duplicate fonts, so I deleted the whole shebang, re-installed the .otf versions, and now it's happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines