• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

footnote-placement on a page with sideheads

Advisor ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happily trying to recreate a typescript from the 1960s which makes thoughtful use of margins, and I've hit a snag I've never seen before: one page has

• a title (which I've set using Across all columns and sideheads)
  • body text (In column)
  • footnotes for body text (In column)
  • the unusual construct of a footnote with the call-out at the end of the title.

FM12 is rendering the footnote on the title as Across all columns … while I'd prefer to match the original and have _all_ footnotes In column.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone:

I'm not on a computer with FrameMaker installed at the moment so can't test this, but I'd start by looking at the Paragraph Designer > Pagination properties. Is the Footnote ¶ tag set to In Column?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to get the footnote to match the position of the sidehead? Can you simply set the First and Left margin of your Footnote para to match the distance of the sidehead+margin?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a single footnote style, which is set to In column. What I am seeing is that when the call-out is in the heading (Across all columns) the footnote placement seems to inherit Across all columns even though the style is In column.

footnotes.png

notes: Courier New is a nod to the original document, a fascinating account of the STOP documentation technique in use at Hughes Aircraft in the 1960s. Including a footnote call-out in a title, similarly, is careful reproduction of the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines