Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting several tables

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a requirement to convert a word document with several hundreds of tables to Framemaker.

Q1 - Which is the easiest way to do it?

I have imported the word document and manually doing the formatting. I have defined some styles that I am able to use. But its still a manual process.. Also I realise that while I am able to save the font and margin information of a table in the style, I am unable to save the column width. So, even after assigning the style, I have to manually adjust the column length.

I see that there is a possibility of writing a script.

Q2 - Is this achievable in a script?

Q3 - Is there an upper limit on the number of pages in a pdf file or the size? Some pdfs might even be 4000+ pages.. with a size of 30MB or even more..

Thanks

Meera

TOPICS
Content migration , Formatting and numbering , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My TableCleaner script was designed to help with formatting Word tables in FrameMaker. See frameexpert dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may wanna get this added on https://partners.adobetechcomm.com/view_all_downloads 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

you did not write the version of Frame, but noted that you are formatting the styles manually.

Frame 2017 and 2019 have very good automation of Word import.

This might not solve the table problems, but definitely will help with formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is there an upper limit on the number of pages or size of a pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines