Has anyone had an issue with importing graphics into a table cell in version 2019? We have done this for years and now graphics are scaled to a ridiculously small percentage. The graphics can be scaled back to 100% and the anchored frame can then be resized but this appears to be a bug.
Yes. My images come in at the wrong size—usually way too small but the small ones are sometimes larger than expected. For the ones that are too small, my observation is that is they is resizing to fit a given area.
Same image, with these settings all three times:
Adding to the page:
Adding onto a (new) anchored frame in a two-column format.
Added into a multi-column table.
On the bright side, if you resize the frame in 2019 you can drag out the frame to the correct size and just right click > Fit to Frame Proportionately.
I also notice this, but it's complex.
The graphics are scaled to fit to the current height or width of the table cell.
With SVG the scaling sometimes has negative values.
In my oppinion not what I need.
I have used FrameMaker since version 3. For most of that time I have used tables with imported graphics for multi-sheet figures (title at bottom with table sheet variable).
We upgraded to 2019 last week. First new figure added, bang. Graphic scaled to minuscule percentage.
To say the least I had to spend a goodly amount of time to troubelshoot what was happening.
Can someone verify that Adobe is working this issue?
We have developed FrameScripts to streamline this process and now must scratch our head as to what to do.
By the way, the object properties show the scaling percentage (sometimes as a negative, nuts!). For now we must set this at 100 and apply. The anchored frame must then be sized to fit the graphic (shrinkwrap command). Our graphics are all created at standard sizes depending on the document.
This is a real pain and time waste.
I have tested this and it affects pdf, tif, jpg, and bmp formats. We use primarily pdf as our standard graphic format but others behave in the same manner. We have not transitioned to SVG but are making plans to do so. The problem is the shear volume of legacy manuals that are maintained (since before Adobe purchased FrameMaker).
Turning an aircraft carrier takes patience. The goal is to go structured when we go SVG. But for now this import scaling needs to be looked into.
Would it be possible to share a sample with me at my email address so i can look into it and respond back.
On the way