• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Crashes when I am Cleaning Up Conditional tags

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running FrameMaker 2015 and cleaning up conditional tags. FrameMaker keeps closing on me when I am doing this. Any thoughts? And do I have to delete each tag individually in the book or can I do it globally in the files in the book?  Thank you, This is the message I get when I do get one. Sometimes it just closes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Subguy617:

I can't address the primary part of your question—why is FrameMaker crashing as you delete condition tags—that's a question for Adobe.

But as for deleting condition tags: Fm is great at copying formatting (including condition tags) from one file to another and updating their properties the same way but it does not have a global delete formatting function. Without a third party plug-in, you are limited to deleting formatting from one file a time, whether or not it is in a book.

One such plug-in is described here:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 12.40.59 PM.png

FrameAutomation.com – Page 2 – Making FrameMaker faster and more efficient

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a highly irritating bug. We have lived with it for years. I don't know of a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First: Do you have the latest update? The current version is 15.0.6.956.

When you encounter this regularly, please add a bug report in the Adobe Tracker!

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Of course FrameMaker should not crash, when you delete conditions! Adobe fixes especially bugs which crash FrameMaker! When you want that FrameMaker does not crash, then make Adobe aware of your problem.

Additionally you can send a mail (possibly with your bug number) to the support: tcssup@adobe.com

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Frame 15.0.6.956 is FrameMaker 2019, and not FrameMaker 2015 which is what we are discussing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. My version is FM 2019.

I delete conditions only very, very rarely, therefore I do not encounter your problem.

When I experiment with a new file, everything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how to reproduce the bug:

Open a book with multiple files, that all have conditions. Open the Conditional Tags pod/tab. Use the Select dropdown to choose the entire book to operate on. Select a condition in the list, and delete it. This triggers the bug. Does that work in Frame 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! This bug is still not fixed in FM 2019.

I will write a report in Adobe tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a bug report here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tracker issue has been marked fixed and will be available in the upcoming Update 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to go vote for the bug report Winfried entered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines