• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame files in my book are corrupt

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I am working on using my desktop. My folder is on a portable drive plugged into the desktop. I pulled the drive and plugged it in to my MS Surface which also has the same version of FM2019v15.0.3.603 to work on my project while I was out. Back on the desktop when opening the project, 10 out of 13 files were corrupt and unusable including the .backup files.

Why did this happen? 

TOPICS
Error , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you finish using FM before ejecting the drive? Did Windows say it was all clear to pull the plug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that goes without saying (at least you know that about me now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you mean by Corruption of file?

Is it crashing while opening or are there any corruption in text/flow?

Have you tried MifWashing* these files?? .

*MifWash is a Utility plugin given with FM .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This file has been corrupted. Please check you file system, disk, and network. Tr opening the most recent backup file."

I will have to look into *mifwash. I have since used Notepad++ to open the files where there was enough man readable data to get about 80% of my content. The files I can no longer open comprise about 120 pages of my project. I have only been using Framemaker for about a year and a half and haven't had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can contact tcssup@adobe.com if you need any help for helping in recovering your files 

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines