• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 12 - shrinking files with graphic imports, can't see changes in shared files

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker12 on a new computer that was recently upgraded to Windows10. I'm having some strange things happening with the software (minimizing file size every time I click inside an anchored frame, co-worker can't see my changes and graphics are coming up grey boxes if someone else imports them even though the import is from a common folder on the same server). Is this a possible side effect of Windows10 or another issue? I can't find System Requirements for FrameMaker 12 on the Adobe website. Has anyone else had this problem with FrameMaker? This is a first for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're all patched up & you may also have to tweak the FM shortcut properties to turn on the Compatibility settings for high DPI screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing - check your Windows screen Display settings - the scale setting percentages have an impact too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'll give it a try. I forgot to mention this software had been used before with another employee and we didn't have these issues. It's only happened since it was reloaded to a new computer. I hope this is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newer versions of FM work better at the screen resolution issues (just an fyi)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines