Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2015 Combined Fonts Arabic language Arial font family not showing

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to changed font for Arabic language Arial from "Combined Font" fonts, but its not showing in Asian text panel, anyone can please suggest regarding this issue? Or which is font need to apply for Arabic

arabic.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

This dialog is only for creating your own "virtual font" which can combine fonts for Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages and non-Asian languages. The Asian Text font family drop-down only lists Asian fonts available on your system. Arabic is not an Asian language.

If you want to continue to use Frutiger as your font for non-Arabic text (and not a font that covers both western languages and Arabic), one possibility is to create a dedicated character style for the Arabic words in the wester

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dialog is only for creating your own "virtual font" which can combine fonts for Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages and non-Asian languages. The Asian Text font family drop-down only lists Asian fonts available on your system. Arabic is not an Asian language.

If you want to continue to use Frutiger as your font for non-Arabic text (and not a font that covers both western languages and Arabic), one possibility is to create a dedicated character style for the Arabic words in the western text. That is a character style that only defined Arabic as the language and Arial as the font. Then apply it to the Arabic words in your western text.

As you are using Frutiger for your western text, you might also want to have a look at Linotype's Frutiger Arabic family:

https://www.linotype.com/1563456/frutiger-arabic-family.html

It might look more harmonic together than Arial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefan: …you might also want to have a look at Linotype's…

Somewhat off topic, but is Adobe still in the type business? (Ans: yes, I managed to find it after posting this question - they call it Fonts now) Navigation on the main site is now so horrible it's impossible to discover if one has found all the products.

Stealth marketing: if you can figure out that we offer it, and how to order it, and what amount and how to pay for it, we might sell it to you.

FM is nearly in that class (in case sales aren't meeting forecast).

I used to work for a company somewhat notorious for stealth marketing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the damned LIKE button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait! I found it!

(Why can't I edit my own comments?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob Niland (Error 7103),

thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, Adobe does not sell Frutiger Arabic. As kishorp42635468 is using Frutiger LT St ("LT" is for "Linotype"), I thought it's fairer (and more helpful) to link to the Frutiger Arabic Linotype website, instead of just bluntly marketing an Arabic font that Adobe offers 🙂

Yes, Adobe has a huge font library. All fonts can be found here: https://fonts.adobe.com/. You can drill down the search also for fonts supporting Arabic:

Fonts are also part of your CC subscription and can be managed and activated in Creative Cloud app:

As all fonts offered are included in your Creative Cloud subscription, you can simply "activate" them (that's why there is no "Buy" button):

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines