• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 runs into an endless loop while saving as PDF.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to either print a FrameMaker 2017 book or save as PDF. Can I get some help? URGENT!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows 10? The, I think, 1803 patch broke a number of things for FrameMaker 2017, including Saving as PDF or printing to PDF.

I'd check to be certain you have all the latest Windows patches and the latest patches for FM 2017. I believe Adobe did issue a patch to fix the issue late last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Windows 10 1803 patch is installed, but FM 2017 install is also latest. I don't see any pending updates for FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker had the issue with the Windows 10 1803 patch.   In her case, she would actually get an error stating that there was not a compatible printer installed.   Are you getting that message or are you just having print jobs stall out? 

If you're getting the error message, there is a thread on the forum that gives a workaround patch. There was also a subsequent windows update that was supposed to resolve the issue even if you hadn't used the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even System Restore didn't help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to provide me the link to this workaround? I tried almost everything. I installed the FM updates a while ago and it didn't help too. I appreciate any help that you can provide me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have build - KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) installed - that's the fix from MS. The Adobe fix is in this thread - Re: I was unable to print postscript as a PDF file using FrameMaker 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved! Thanks everyone for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines