Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 Update 4 Update Failed

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

I am trying to update my installation of FrameMaker 2017 with the Adobe Application Manager via the Help > Updates menu. The update begins at proceeds to around 10% at which point I get the "Update Failed" message. The link to the log file comes up with the "This site can’t be reached" message.

I am running Windows 11 Pro (64-bit) version 21H2.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Thanks for the reply. It appears that Windows 11 might indeed be the problem. Unfortunatetly it appears that I may have to upgrade to the latest version sooner than I was expecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a couple of things - first is Win11 - don't think older versions of FM are "good" with it; only the latest FM2020 patch was recently declared certified with Win11. The other thing could be as simple as your internet connection or firewall/port settings - the installer will "phone home" to the activation servers while updating. The third thing could be this change on Adobe's end - https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/deprecated-internet-explorer-10-with-ims.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. It appears that Windows 11 might indeed be the problem. Unfortunatetly it appears that I may have to upgrade to the latest version sooner than I was expecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines