• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 - Windows 10 OS - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would just like to confirm that when operating FrameMaker 2017 in a Windows 10 environment, I still need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create PDFs. For example, I just had an OS update to Window 10, and while FM 2017 has been re-installed on a new computer, AA Pro DC isn't (only AA Reader DC is) and I now I can no longer create PDFs from FrameMaker. I get an erro saying that "To execute "Save as PDF" command, you must have Acrobat Distiller version 5.05 or higher installed." Then I get another error about configuring Job Options. How do I get distiller and where I do I configure the Job Options in FrameMaker? I remember doing the job option setup years ago, and can't seem to figure it out now, and anyway, I still think I need the distiller first. Does anyone have any clue how I can proceed at this point?

I need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to do the work I normally do, regardless of how FrameMaker operates, and I'm pretty sure I still need it in the Windows 10 OS environment as well. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error , Installation and licensing , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have a license to install Acrobat Pro, uninstall both the Reader, FM and Acrobat. Then install Acrobat Pro first, then FM. FM should detect that you have Pro installed & not try to kill it with the "headless" PDF version that is included with FM, but keep your eye on it by selecting the "Custom" install option so you can verify that it's going to skip installing the PDF Creator Add-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should contact support.

FrameMaker should come with its own PDF that will allow you to create PDF files.

However, you will not be able to edit them in any way.

If you do have Acrobat, and you want the editing capabilities, then as said you need to install the Acrobat first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To help summarize what you've been told so far... Distiller should install with FM which allows PDF generation. If you want to do fancy things with the PDF afterwards, then you need Acrobat separately. It sounds like an installation issue, as Jeff suggests. These problems can be frustrating. I have heard that Adobe will give free support for installation problems, which they should. If you can't figure it out, I would not wait too long to see if they will help.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines