• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 files getting corrupted when doing global changes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Structured FrameMaker 1019 Version 15.0.3.603.

I am finding that when I do global operations on a book, I often find that files get corrupted in the process.

I usually don't find out about the corruption until the next time I open the file and it returns a, This file cannot be opened due to corruption, message.

When I say Global Operations, I mean that I use "Find/Replace" to change attribute values. e.g. when I am ready to start a new revision I will update a number of variables so that changes are tracked properly.

The issue is not limited to "Find/Replace", sometimes I will rollout an EDD update to all files in a book and get corruption as well.

Further the corruption does not always cause the file itself to be corrupted. Sometimes the corruption comes in the form of artifacts within embedded TIFF graphic images.

I have yet to see any pattern to when the corruption occurs, apart from when I am doing these Global changes.    

I also find an increased incidence of crashes during these global operations, and the corruption occurs regardless of whether a crash has happened or not.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It wasn't expected with FrameMaker, Adobe will contact you shortly but in the meanwhile, Could you please Update the FrameMaker version to latest Update 4.

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As suggested by Pulkit, please update the FM version to the latest patch 2019.0.4 by launching FM and navigate to Help menu -> Update to download/install the Update.

You may also download/install the update (2019.0.4) manually using the following link- 

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Let us know if face any issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit and Pulkit, what you ask may sound simple from your perspective, but from mine it is very difficult. Adding the last update took several days.  To explain: I work for a large corporation that protects its IT environment. I cannot just download and install an update.  Last time, I had to move to a different location that had less protection for the internet connection. Even then, I had to sit in front of the computer doing variuos things over several hours to keep the download moving. For example, if the screen saver ever came on, I would have to start again.  These download issues are not really Adobe's fault, but an indication of the IT environment I work in.  Even when I get the download, I can't install it as I don't have the admin rights to do so. That is the function for our IT department and they are reluctant to install it.  They have to be convinced of its source. So when you casually say to download and install the latest update in the mean time, my response is simply no. If you were aware of the instability and you indicated that you thought the update would fix it, I might consider doing it. If your product is not stable, which FrameMaker 2019 clearly isn't, don't release it. Do some decent beta testing and stress testing first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can provide much more detail about what is going on, but I suspect the detail will be of little help. I suspect the issue is actually with what happens when files are opened and closed, rather than the global actions I am trying to do. The global actions make the problem more apparent as they are causing a lot of files to be opend and closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I have sent you a private message, please provide the requested information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard anything regarding this issue.  After getting an an initial bit of interest from Adobe. All has gone quiet for several months.

The corruption continues. So far I have been lucky in that the backup file was up to date. I fear one day the backup file will not be up to date and work will be lost.

It is scary when simply doing an update to a book causes files to be corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

I have sent you a private message. Kindly provide the requested information so that we can setup a call and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally managed to update my FrameMaker 2019 to the latest Version (15.0.4.751). Unfortunately the corruption issue continues. It is most evident when auto-generating an LEP file for a larg book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Timothy,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

I will test the files that you have shared at my end and will let you know my findings by end of this week.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines