Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

framemaker 2019 freeze

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker 2019 freeze

We have a user, who upgraded to Framemaker 2019 on a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T570, i7, 16GB Ram and Windows 10).

Her problem is that Framemaker keeps freezing. Fx opening a document and when she clicks on the second line (2321_relaX-XL...), Framemaker freezes totally.
No reaction on the screen and in the view, the characters are not complete - blurry.

Only way is to Kill the program.

Happens more times. Checked for updates, on the newest version.

Framemaker.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please reply to it and we will connect with you to look into the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing the same issue since upgrading to TCS 2019 - see attached screenshot.

For me, the freeze happens usually when I hit Ctrl+S after I edit the content. After the freeze, I have to close Framemaker in Task manager and when I reopen it, I see that the changes have actually been saved.

fm2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All patched up? 32 or 64 bit version of FM2019? Structured or Unstructured FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, latest patch, 32 version, Unstructured Fm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank_M:

I had the same issue multiple times last week. Sometimes I could save. Every time, I could just reopen FrameMaker and the file and get back to work.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 bit version Barb? Sounds like a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 64-bit and I agree that it is a bug, Jeff. But as bugs go, it wasn't devastating. I put my auto-backup on save to every 3 mins and it was barely a bump in my workflow.

~Barb

P.S. Wow. How jaded am I? 30 years ago it would have likely had me in tears. One of my early training directors said to me, "At your age, you are upset by a fly in the ointment. At my age, you are grateful for the ointment among the flies." I'm her age now, LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please try once with Update 2 of FM2019. Should be live and available via Help->Updates option in FrameMaker UI (was released a few hours back).

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines